|Durham/Chapel Hill placed 50 new leaders this week!|
We're brainstorming ways to both 'initiate' and introduce them at club.
A few leaders from around the country have sent in some ideas and suggestions. If you have ideas to share, please comment below or email me here.
How To Welcome/Introduce/Initiate New Leaders
Creed Bratton (@BigDaddyDoel) shared this 'Bad Lip Reading' video they made to introduce their new leaders at club.
Lucas Westblade (@LucasWestblade)
"Order pizza during club the "pizza guy/girl" shows up and decides to stay for club... (it's really your new leader)."
Danny Ouelette (@Danny_Ouellette)
"Syrup or Ketchup chugging contest."
Elizabeth Cox (@Elizabethmcox)
"We did "Leaders Choice Awards" and it was great! Leader teams announced the "winners" - it was a hit!"
Brett Eckler (@Breckler23)
"When we got new leaders my first year we forgot to get them a gift, so we went to Walmart and got them 99 cent fish. On the way to the high school, we stopped by a bridge and threw the fish into a lake. We did that throughout the 3 years I was a leader."
Chris Schneider (@Truth101)
"Walk through a wall of leadership (pictures of previous leaders), pray over them, then surprise with a fun celebration."
Brad Schmitt (@BSchmitt4life)
"Go with the classic pie to the face. Always classic."
- Have kids roll their car during club.
- Get baby pictures of them to show at club.
- Stalk their facebook profile and show any embarrassing pics of them.
- Set them up to be heroes. Find out if they can do any stupid human tricks or cool skillz and set them up to show it off at club.
- My personal favorite idea is The Random Bus Passenger. If you get a new leader at the right time to pull this off, ideally before weekend or summer camp. You could also tweak the idea and do it in town, taking kids to Mickey D's after club one night.
How do you 'welcome' new leaders in your area?