- How many times was your team at the school this week collectively?
- What 'outside of school' contact work was done this week?
- How many 'one on one’s did your team do?
- What have you done to encourage senior leaders?
- How are you coming on your camp plan?
- When and how often did you pray for kids?
- What new kids did your team meet this week?
After reading through the questions, my initial response was guilt. I need to be doing more.
I was quickly reminded that
...guilt isn't from the Lord.
...there's a clear difference between conviction and guilt.
...we're called to contact work, not compelled by guilt, but compelled by the love of Christ. (2 Cor. 5:14)
If we're compelled by the love of Christ to share that love with kids, it makes sense to make a plan for how we want to do that on a regular basis. Below are ten questions to ask yourself at the beginning of a new week.
10 Questions For This Upcoming Week
- When am I going to spend time with the Lord? What am I going to read?
- When will I spend time praying for my middle/high school friends and my YL team?
- When am I scheduled to plan Campaigners for this week?
- What are my responsibilities at club this week. When will I prepare for them?
- What are the 3 most important things I need to do with YL this week?
- When will I go to the school this week?
- Where can I meet someone new that might be uncomfortable?
- When will I pursue the 2-3 kids I'm most deeply investing in?
- Who can I call and encourage or ask to go to camp?
- How will I best communicate with our team and campaigners to remind them of our times together?
You can download a copy of those questions here.