Near the beginning of club, maybe after the opening song, a leader comes on stage and says 'WHAT TIME IS IT?' And then everyone yells 'RAFFLE...RAFFLE...RAFFLE...." as loud as they can. The YL leader then gets a helper to draw out winning tickets. The numbers are slowly read aloud.
7- Woooo! (Everyone says 'wooooo' because everyone's ticket has a 7 on it
3- Wooo! (Most people 'wooo' but some people 'booo' because not everyone has a 3
1- Booo/Wooooo! (There are 9 happy folks who are still in it to win it)
8- The winner screams and everyone else boooos!
Creative Raffle Prizes
- Mystery Box: Have a mystery box that folks can reach into and pull out a mystery prize. Sometimes it's an empty envelope. Sometimes its a Starbucks gift card. Sometimes it's a live animal.
- The Golden Fish: A goldfish in a small bowl with fish food. Who doesn't love to win a fish?
- Lunch With A Leader: It's contact work waiting to happen. Find out their order and bring them lunch at school.
- Best Seat In The House: While everyone else has to sit on the floor at club, this lucky winner will get to relax in a comfy recliner chair for the rest of the night. Or if you play for the Seattle Seahawks, you can just give everyone in your Campaigners group a comfy recliner for the entire night. (See Clint Gresham's pic)
- $ off of Summer Camp.
- A toilet seat frame with an autographed picture of one of the YL leaders. Toilet seats are $6 at the hardware store. Take the lid off and just use the seat as a frame.
- Old YL shirts: raid your Area Director's closet.
- Dancing shoes: Spray paint an old pair of shoes with gold spray paint. They look cool!
- Movie Tickets
- A box of doughnuts.
- A $5 shopping spree at Sheetz after club
What other creative ideas would you add? Comment below or email me here.