Every club in our city is doing 'Merica Club next week....because 'Merica! Below are some fun ideas along with a new song mashup.
If you do a entry tunnel at club for kids to run through into the club room, for 'Merica club it's fun to add sparklers. Make sure to bring a lighter and instruct the folks holding sparklers to be careful.
Captain 'Merica and Miss 'Merica make good game hosts.
Mixer: Balloon Stomp
Many hands make light work. Many balloons make light heads. Get a bunch of folks to come before club and help blow up balloons, 2 per person you expect at club. Buy red, white and blue ones. Then tie a string to each of them. Have folks tie the balloons to their ankles. Play fun music during the game and have everyone try to stomp and pop other balloons. Last one with a balloon tied on is the winner. If the game lasts too long, just end it with multiple people left. It could go on forever if you let it. Don't drag it out! One key to success in this game is the clean up process immediately afterwards. As soon as the game ends, instruct everyone to race and pick up all the balloons and have seniors or leaders carry trash bags around.
Costume Contest: Most 'Merican
Give away t-shirts to the winner of the 'Most 'Merican' contest. All kids that dress up will have a chance to be in the spotlight as they walk across stage. The top 5 outfits stay on stage and the crowd votes for the winner. During the 'costume contest' play 'Born in the USA.'
- Party in the USA/Cheerleader Mashup (Thanks Chris Campos!)
- The Star Spangled Banner (a fun way to start club, like you're starting a ball game)
- Proud To Be An American
- Sweet Home 'Merica (Instead of singing 'Sweet Home Alabama,' sing 'Sweet Home 'Merica, where it's red, white and blue...RED, WHITE, & BLUE...." and combine it for the traditional mashup with 'Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.')
Feel free to use this one here to promote club. I'm not sure who made it, but if it was you, way to go!
Other Merica Ideas
- Sunflower Seed Spittin' Contest
- Do the Pledge of Allegiance
- Hot dog eating contest
- Presidential debate skit over silly topics
- Accent Contest: Drawing states out of a hat and having to say a phrase with that state's accent.
- Bobbing for Apple Pie: Hide objects in pie they have to find with mouth.
- 'Merica Trivia
- Skit with rednecks that love 'Merica and tell stories one-upping each other on how much they show their love of country.