If you're looking for a club game this week, you can't go wrong with movie trivia. Kids love movies and kids love competition.
Special thanks to my friend Mikey Fissel for putting together these trivia questions for us. If you enjoy film and theology check out his website and podcast: Reel World Theology.
How To Play
One of my favorite ways to execute trivia games is to form two teams, usually guys vs gals or one side of the room vs the other. Then choose 5 representatives from each team. Ask one other volunteer to hold a large cooking pot on their head as a buzzer or sorts. Have the 5 vs 5 line up on each side of the buzzer (pot) Family Feud style. One teammate from each teams comes up to the buzzer holding a large metal cooking spoon. When you ask a question, whoever buzzes in first (by hitting the pot) gets to answer. If they answer correctly, they win 1 million points. If they answer incorrectly, they lose 1 million points and the other team gets a chance to steal. You can also make the loser of each round have to hold the pot over the head and be the buzzer for the next question. Rotate through the players and be sure to encourage the audience to not shout out answers.
There are also slides (PowerPoint & Keynote) below for you to post the questions and answers on the screen.
Current Movie Trivia Questions
- In the Hunger Games, what is Catniss Everdeen’s weapon of choice? -Bow & Arrow
- In How to Train Your Dragon, what is the name of Hiccup’s dragon? -Toothless
- In the film MAX, a story about a US Marine’s beloved pet, what type of animal is Max? -Dog
- Pitch Perfect is a film that follows a group of college girls who are in what type of group? -A cappella
- Name 4 of the Avengers. -Ironman, Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Quicksilver, Scarlett Witch, Falcon, Vision
- The little yellow helpers that assist Gru in the Despicable Me films are known as what? -Minions
- In the movie Frozen name both the Snowman and Kristoff’s best friend. -Olaf and Sven
- What is the name of the personal healthcare companion in Big Hero 6? -Baymax
- This movie, based on a toy line, was the 5th highest grossing movie of 2014. -The Lego Movie
- In 2014, Angelina Jolie played this ‘misunderstood’ Disney villain. -Maleficent
- In Inside Out, what is the name of Riley’s Imaginary Friend? -Bing Bong
- What is Captain America’s real name? -Steve Rodgers
- In Catching Fire, what anniversary of the Hunger Games is being celebrated? -75th
- Name any of the Guardians of the Galaxy. -Star Lord, Gamora, Groot, Rocket Raccoon, Drax
- This Sci-Fi/Fantasy franchise has its 7th installment coming out in Dec 2015. -Star Wars
- This film is currently the highest grossing film of 2015. -Jurassic World
- What are the five emotions portrayed in Pixar’s Inside Out? -Joy, Sadness, Disgust, Fear, Anger
- Which is the highest grossing film of 2014? -American Sniper
- Name one of the factions from Divergent. -Dauntless, Amity, Erudite, Abnegation, Candor
- What District does Catniss represent in the Hunger Games? -District 12
- What is the name of the genetically engineered dinosaur in Jurassic World? -Indominus Rex
- In Pitch Perfect, what is the name of the song that Beca sings for her Bella’s audition? -'The Cup Song' or 'When I’m Gone'