Download "Just Do It Promos"
On Your Phone
There's got to be an easier way to do this, but I can't figure it out. If you know, email me here and I'll update the post.
- Click this link to open the "Just Do It" folder on Google Drive.
- Tap the video of your camp.
- Then leave your browswer and open your 'Google Drive' app.
- Sort by 'last opened by me' and the video should pop up
- Click the 3 vertical dots on the right
- Click "Send a copy"
- Click "Save video"
- It's now in your Camera Roll and ready to post on Instagram.
On Your Computer
Click the link to your specific camp below. Then click the download button at the top (a downward facing arrow over a line.)
- Breakaway Lodge
- Camp Buckner
- Capernaum Camp
- Carolina Point
- Clearwater Cove
- Crooked Creek
- Frontier Ranch
- Lake Champion
- Lost Canyon
- Malibu Club
- North Bay
- SharpTop Cove
- Timber Wolf
- Trail West Lodge
- Washington Family Ranch: Canyon
- Washington Family Ranch: Creekside
- Windy Gap
How I Made the "Just Do It" Videos
by Steven Ball, YL leader in Jefferson City, MO.
First you will need to get editing software that allows for green screen editing. You may already have a program with these capabilities, but if not, I used a very user-friendly, free (for a limited time) program called trakaxPC. You can download the program here.
After you have the editing software downloaded, you will need to get your videos to work with. There are two different videos you need for this—the “Just Do It” speech and the camp Instagram promo video (Which Young Life has so graciously provided for us all HERE. The video of Shia is over 30 minutes long. Just for your information, the “Just Do It” segment is at approximately 9:00 to 10:00.
You now have your editing software and videos needed to put it all together. Open trakax and click “New Mix.” Drag your two video files into the mixing window, and you should have four segments: Shia VIDEO and AUDIO, and camp promo VIDEO and AUDIO. Now, there are a series of things you will have to do to prepare it. Luckily, you can use the length of the camp promo video as your benchmark for how long you can have Shia speaking.
- The first thing you will want to do is cut the Shia video to the length of the promo video. You will have to pick a 15 second segment of the speech, and then cut everything before and after that segment. You can cut by placing the play cursor at the beginning of the segment, right clicking on BOTH the video and audio segments and choosing the option “Split segment” or “Split selected segments at play cursor.” Align your camp promo with your Shia video, then repeat the same cutting process for the end of the video to make all four segments the same length.
- Line up the four segments you now have so that they are all at the same length and have the same starting point. On the VIDEO segment of SHIA, click the option “Always On Top” just to the left of the segment. Then, click “Colour adjust” that is ON TOP of the segment in the bottom left-hand corner. This will bring up a menu. Click on the green screen tab.
- Click the X next to the words Green Screen towards the bottom to turn it into a check mark, then your picture should show up. Drag you cursor onto any part of the SOLID GREEN BACKGROUND, then click OK on this menu to close it.
- Click MUTE on the CAMP PROMO AUDIO, then reset the play cursor to the beginning of the video. Click play, check to make sure it all looks right, and you should be done!
If you are satisfied with your video, save your work, then click export and choose the format you would like to save in. The best option (in my opinion) is to export in the default YouTube Full HD format. Any other version I’ve tried I ran into Shia’s legs being cut off and him floating in midair on top of the camp promo video. Make sure you take note of the location where you are exporting this file to. Then you can plug in your phone to save the video from your computer to phone, and you should be all set to post anywhere!