The Young Life Bowl
Start an annual tradition before Super Bowl club of having the Sr./Freshmen Guys play the Jr./Soph Guys in a pre-club game of two hand touch football. Call it the YL Bowl. Award an actual bowl that you've decorated to the winning team. You can go all out with this with referees, team uniforms, cheerleaders, etc. Last year we played on a dark field so we pulled lots of cars around the field and turned on headlights.
Encourage everyone to dress football-y or to wear the attire of their favorite sports teams. Have leaders wear ref shirts.
Matt Sloan, YL AD in NC, duct taped a football field in their club room and made 2 goal posts from PVC pipe and yellow spray paint. Great visual!
Start Club: Sing & Flip
Have an American flag flying on your screen and begin the night by singing The National Anthem. Follow the song with a coin toss between two legit fans of each team playing in the actual Super Bowl.
Mixer "Don't Fumble"
Give everyone a single brown balloon. Once they blow up their balloon, they're only allowed to hold it in one hand. They use their other hand to try and pop other's balloons or force them to fumble. Once your balloon hits the ground, you're out. Last one standing wins.
- Hot dog Hike and Toss
- Superbowl Trivia It would be awesome if someone could make a current Super Bowl Trivia Power Point game to share with the thousands of leaders who use The YL Leader Blog. If you make one and email us, you might find a sweet YL shirt in your mailbox.
- Or this game, which is straight baller.
- Bowling with real bowling pins using a football
- Football Toss (through a hula hoop, blindfolded, opposite hand, while being tackled)
- Plan a dance routine ahead of time with a small group of kids to perform a "Half-time Show."
- Pre-make funny Super Bowl commercials.
- Show actual funny Superbowl commercials from previous years.
- Show the "NFL Bad Lip Reading" video (via Matt Michael, YL AD in Carroll County.)
Young Life leader Jason Talley shared this video he made to show at their first club of the semester. He put pics from last semester to an NFL style promo video.
What other ideas would you add? Email me here and I'll add them in to the post. Thanks! -Drew Hill