Some of the best advice I ever received was "take your 20's and be a sponge. You have the rest of your life to make money. After college, find wise people and learn from them."
I can't think of a better opportunity to do just that than the The Greensboro Fellows program.
Are you looking for a place to:
- Stay involved with Young Life?
- Experience deep community after college?
- Gain experience working in the marketplace?
- Experience working in a church?
- Take seminary classes?
- Get world renowned leadership training?
- Experience a mission trip to Africa?
That's where the Greensboro Fellows Program comes in. It is a 10-month (September – June) program for those who desire and are committed to the pursuit of spiritual, personal, and professional growth. It is geared towards young adults who have recently finished college and hope to integrate their faith in Jesus Christ with their vocation and all other aspects of life. The curriculum, planned excursions, paid internships, volunteer work, and community all work together to inspire and empower a Christ-centered life.
This program is based out of Greensboro, North Carolina, and serves as the ideal springboard for entering into professional careers and adult life.
A few of the many things the Fellows Program offers:
- Spiritual growth through mentorship and discipleship
- World-renowned leadership training through the Center for Creative Leadership
- Weekly networking with local business owners & ministry leaders
- Paid internships and volunteer opportunities
- Partnership with local Young Life
- Close-knit Christian and church community
- Free housing with a host family
- Opportunity to take accredited seminary classes
- A 2-week trip to Rwanda
- Business & Administration
- Non-Profit Management
- Elementary Education
- Higher Education
- Personal Finance
"The Greensboro Fellows Program is far more than a transition out of college and into the adult world. The Fellows Program is a safe place to call home and a warm invitation to walk alongside family. You will be encouraged to grow more deeply than you thought possible, while simultaneously developing your professional skill set and your personal and spiritual gifts. You will be taught, nurtured, equipped and then sent out to build His kingdom."
- Stacey Greene, a former GSO Fellow and administrator for YoungLifeLeaders.org.
Art House Fellowship
The Greensboro Fellows network will also be launching the Art House Fellowship this year. The Art House Fellowship seeks to help young artists and scholars deepen their faith in Christ and thereby deepen their capacity to communicate truth through creative expression. Located in a renovated hotel in downtown Greensboro, the fellows will work at the coffee shop, share meals around the table, live on the second floor of the Jones' home (which is the hotel), produce works of art specific to their interests, and discuss the intersection of faith and the arts each day. Prayer will be offered every morning, guest lecturers will speak every week, we will visit the Center for Creative Leadership each month, and will provide intentional time to discuss questions of importance to specific members of the community multiple times each week. Join us for a year of deep growth in faith and expression. Visit the website here.