We're offering 2 apprenticeships (1 male, 1 female) this summer in Greensboro, NC.
This specific apprenticeship is designed for college students who desire to pursue full-time vocational youth ministry after college graduation. It will be a chance for you to be invested in and developed as a leader. It is open to any current college student.
This summer, we will read, study, and grow together in our understanding of the Gospel and youth ministry. We will reach out to both young people and parents, in the community and in the church. There will be a balance of relational ministry and administration.You will have opportunities to both learn and lead.
Mid-May to Mid-August
(dates are somewhat flexible)
All applications are due by Feb. 28, 2017.
You will get a diverse experience in youth ministry, learning the ins and outs of church youth ministry, camping ministry, and Young Life. You will have three primary roles:
Young Life Leader Blog || Assistant Editor
Write, edit, research & create resources for “The Young Life Leader Blog” and associated social media accounts.
Camp Booyah || Assistant Camp Director
Plan and execute a weeklong mission camp for 8 churches in NC and VA.
Redeemer Youth Ministry Intern
Serve at Church of the Redeemer doing contact work and discipleship with teenagers, parents, and youth volunteers.
This apprenticeship will be directed by Drew Hill. You can read more about Drew here and here.
- $3000 and housing provided (with a family)
- You will be asked to fundraise $1500 of the $3000 through tax-deductible donations.
- Work 10.5 of 12 weeks. 1.5 weeks off for vacation.
- A typical work-week will be 45 hours. Some will be more intensive, while others will be less demanding.
- You need to have a working vehicle, but will be reimbursed for youth ministry mileage.
- You will be reimbursed for other youth ministry related expenses.
Apply here. All applications are due by Feb. 28, 2017.